Thursday, December 28, 2006

A Few Bowl Game Thoughts

Last night's Emerald Bowl must be the oddest bowl game out there. First, it's played in a baseball stadium, albeit a nice one. Second, because of the park's dimensions, both teams stood on the same sideline. I'd never seen that before, but it was interesting. The coaches looked like two basketball coaches walking down the sideline for the post game handshake. Third, Emerald Nuts has those odd commercials featuring "Envious Nomads" and "Entangled Nine-Year-Olds." Fourth, FSU's offense showed up against what was made out to be a certain mythical creature known as a good Pac-10 defense. Congrats to the Noles, but I was kind of creeped out through the whole thing.

I'm heading to Shreveport's own Independence Bowl this afternoon. I think I'm in for a good show. Okie State is young, but they have a decent offense. Bama has a solid defense, but could struggle to score points. I'll be cheering for the Tide and may even break out my houndstooth hat that I bought several years ago in Tuscaloosa. In any case, I'll have a full report tonight.