Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Fire Me, Please.

I try to do my job as well as possible, just like you do. But, if my firm would like to fire me, I request a buyout similar to Jeff Bowden's deal.

You all know Jeff, who took over FSU's offensive coordinator position after Mark Richt left for Georgia. He's presided over the steady and disturbing decline in the once-potent FSU offense. Jeff's tenure reached it nadir last Saturday when the Seminoles failed to score against Wake Forest in Tallahassee. Predictably, the boosters grew tired of the endless progression of swing passes and out routes that netted three yards. In order to entice Jeff to resign, he will get $107,500 for the next five years under the terms of a buyout contract with Seminole Boosters, Inc., the FSU booster club. That's in addition to the $141,000 for the last year of his contract, for which he will do nothing. Man, incompetence pays way more than knowing what you are doing. Seminole Boosters, Inc., can I be your lawyer?