Monday, September 18, 2006

LSU Refs.

Here's video of one bad call. I think this is interference, but LSU got three on that drive.

Here's video of the other bad call. I can understand the SEC's argument about this call. Assuming the tip made the ball uncatchable, then I agree with the ref's assesment of the pass interference call. This also assumes that Doucet could not make an adjustment of the ball because of his physical limitations rather than the force of the defensive back driving him away from the ball. I'm not sure that's a completely safe assumption.

I thought about the holding call that King Bee discussed below. Holding is often a "pass interference light" because it does not require a catchable pass. After looking at the video, though, the DB doesn't really hold Doucet in the usual sense. He punches Doucet in the gut.