Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Q-Dog Looks to Drop Bombs

My 2007 to-do list just got one entry longer.

Quincy Carter, once the holder of all Dawg hopes, once the apple of Jerry Jones's eye, is now a Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wing. As a Shreveport resident, I have yet to see the Battle Wings play and feel I must now get acquainted with their players. So, I resolve to buy Quincy dinner in 2007. I don't imagine it could be that hard. I owe him dinner after all, if only for that night in Baton Rouge when he shredded Lou Tepper's genius defense by continually hitting Champ Bailey. The rest of Q's career never lived up to that night, but it did get Q an NFL contract. I'm glad to see the Q-Dog has another shot at football. Maybe I'll even buy a ticket to watch him play one more time.

Drop me an email, Q. You can't resist a Shrimp Buster or some boiled crawfish. I can't have a to-do left uncrossed.

If you thought Quincy was dead, you can get caught up with him through this article from the AJC.