Saturday, October 14, 2006

Saturday Musings.

-My apologies to John Vaughn. After he whiffed the one I thought would win the game, Chris Leak gave him another shot and he converted. That game was bizarre. UF looked ridiculous, as Tebow and Percy Harvin sliced and diced the Aubs in the first half. Those guys were breathtaking, literally. I gasped as Harvin made cutback runs and Tebow pranced about untouched. I was (and still am) wincing again as I thought of Jacksonville. Then, suddenly, Auburn morphed into the '85 Bears and Chris Leak imploded in the final minutes. Tray Blackmon is going to be a filthy, killing machine in coming years. The amazing thing is that the Aubs didn't score an offensive touchdown and they still got 27. As much as I hate to give the jean shorts credit, they did a hell of a job with a brutal schedule. The smart money's still on them to win in Atlanta come December.

-If Adrian Peterson turns pro, he has to go down as one of the greatest college running backs ever. He was plagued by injuries during his career, but the guy is a horse. Every game I remember him playing in (except the Orange Bowl against USC), he dominated, despite not having much help.



-Miami and FIU got into the biggest brawl since Clemson and the Cocks rioted two years ago.
Is it me or have these things gotten much more violent than I remeber from childhood? Back then, it seemed that the two teams got in a line with their helmets on and just punched each other until the refs broke it all up. Now there are kicks, helmet swings, and lots of cops. I don't even want to be in the stadium when one of those things breaks out.

I may have a few more thoughts tomorrow.