Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Kenny Irons Likes Candy

Remember the shock you felt when it was discovered that Auburn was in the top 10 in the NCAA's new academic progress rate? Well, allow me to provide balance to that story. Kenny Irons, the nastiest running back in America, granted the Auburn Athletic Department an interview on the issues of the day which may be accessed here. It is filled with insightful comments worthy of a scholar athlete, such as: 1) "I love candy." 2) "I like to draw." and 3) "I've never been to Europe or Paris."

The Auburn Sociology Department has just granted Kenny Irons 2 credits for his interview.

This story still doesn't top my favorite Auburn running back quote. When Carnell "Cadillac" Williams announced that he would return to Auburn for his senior season, a reporter asked him for the reasons behind his decision. One reason, Cadillac said, was because "I be close to graduating."