Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Braves Say "Give Me More Money"

An expensive view.
The AJC reports that the Braves are raising ticket prices for 2007. They cite the improvements they've made to Turner Field, including the biggest Jumbotron in the universe, instead of citing improvements to the team. The Bravos are coming off their worst season in fifteen years and the first year they've missed the playoffs in forever. Perfect timing. Better yet, for us out-of-town fans, they are raising prices for "premium single game" tickets, like their homestand with the Red Sox. So, even if you only go to one game, your wallet will feel it.

It's OK Braves because you know we're suckers, me especially. In 1994, I swore I'd never go to another baseball game again. This self-imposed ban lasted until opening day of 1995 when I got Cardinals tickets. I just couldn't pass up a chance to see Ozzie Smith do a flip on his way to short.