Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The View From Athens & Atlanta

It was a great night to be a Bulldog. I came into the game nervous, but left pretty satisfied. All the anticipated weaknesses of my team, offensive line and the defense, looked strong. I traveled over to Athens with a loyal reader and we enjoyed the trip, despite being in a car for about twenty hours. We wandered around downtown Athens and then tailgated in high style with Paul Westerdawg.

But, one game was not enough. We decided we couldn't pass up Glavine v. Smoltz at Turner Field Sunday. I intensely dislike the Mets and their fans were out in force Sunday. Is it me or does every Met fan look the same: middle-age, bald, fat, some sort of facial hair, and in a Mets jersey. I swear I saw at least a hundred of those people Sunday and they all match that description. Maybe I'm just bitter over Glavine's first win over the Braves this year.