Friday, October 12, 2007

Week 7 Picks

When was the last time Missouri at Oklahoma was the game of the week? What a weird season.

LSU at Kentucky. The Tigers might fall behind early, but they won't need another miracle on the bluegrass to pull this one out. LSU, 30-21.

Boston College at Notre Dame. I knew a guy in law school who was a BC grad. He insisted that the Eagles and the Irish were rivals. This game always means more to BC than Notre Dame, but the Weismen won't want to get embarrassed. The trouble is, they don't have the offense to keep up with Matt Ryan, who will jump way up on the Heisman watch lists. BC by 38-21.

Texas A&M at Texas Tech. Wow, Coach Fran needs a win to dial down the heat a little bit. He will not get it in Lubbock this week. In fact, I predict a romp. Tech, 63-28. Call the moving companies.

Auburn at Arkansas. I have no idea. I'll say Tigers, 20-17, but it's a total shot in the dark.

Missouri at Oklahoma. I think this will be a fun game. Chase Daniel is a great quarterback. But OU just has more talent. If they don't let up on the gas, they should hold off a late Mizzou rally. I'll call it for the Sooners, 31-27.

Virginia Tech at Duke. I was all set to write this before Chris Fowler beat me to it. Tech beat Clemson last week by 19, but scored 21 points on non-offensive touchdowns and managed only nine first downs. If the Hokie offense doesn't get into more of a groove, the Devils could keep this game close. The trouble is, Duke is a great team to rack up non-offensive touchdowns against, and the Tech defense knows is has to be opportunistic to bail out the freshman quarterback and the middling offense. Still, I've got to pull for the alma mater, so I'll predict that the Devils protect the ball and get lucky in stalling some Tech drives, and pick Duke to pull off the upset, 21-20.