Friday, October 19, 2007

Week 8 Picks

Well, at we know Duke won't lose this weekend. They're facing mighty Brigham Young-East, otherwise known as BYE. As for the real games:

Tennessee at Alabama. I think this one will be close early, but the Vols will score a few late to make it look like more or a rout than it is. I'll say UT, 35-17. Happy, BCB?

Texas Tech at Missouri. If the over/under is double digits, take the over. Tech, 51-49.

Michigan at Illinois. The battle for second place in the Big Ten. Amazing. Unless Mike Hart totes it forty times, I'll go with Illinois, 31-28.

Florida at Kentucky. The Wildcats won't be able to get the big win two weeks in a row, but they'll come close. Florida is one of the best two-loss teams I've seen in a while. I'll say Gators, 31-30.

Auburn at LSU. I love that part of Clay Travis's book where he ponders why people call Tuberville the "riverboat gambler." Maybe he'll have a chance to hit the Shreveport hot spots. I predict that a fake punt or field goal will backfire on Auburn and key a big LSU win. I'll pick the yellow-and-purple Tigers, 27-9.

Michigan State at Ohio State. Here's my upset pick. Yet another highly-ranked team goes down, and Boston College finds itself ranked #1. Ye gods. Sparty, 28-24.